SANDOWN GREYHOUND RACING CLUB
Sandown Greyhound Racing Club (“SGRC”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ personal information. This policy refers to the use and management of personal and health information collected by Sandown Greyhound Racing Club (SGRC).
Personal and health information held by SGRC is managed in accordance with the privacy principles contained in the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 and the Health Records Act 2001 and as required by other legislative provisions.
“Personal information is recorded information about a living identifiable or easily identifiable individual (including work related information and images).
SGRC is the body responsible for promoting the sport of greyhound racing at Sandown Park. In undertaking this role, SGRC will, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information collected and the purposes for which that personal information will be used will depend on the circumstances, but will always relate to the administration or operation of greyhound racing or related to at Sandown Park.
Information Disclosure, Retention and Security
SGRC will not disclose personal information of an individual to third parties except:
• Where third parties appointed by SGRC require access to personal information held by SGRC to perform services (in which case SGRC requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential in accordance with legal requirements and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
• Where SGRC is required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
• With the individual’s consent.
SGRC will take all reasonable steps to:
• Protect all personal information held by it from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
• To ensure that personal and heath information held is accurate, complete and up-to-date. archived in accordance with the Public Records Act 1973, which determines when it is appropriate to retain or dispose of personal or health information.
Access to Information
Any person may seek access to personal information which SGRC holds about that person and SGRC will provide access to that information in accordance with the Acts. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information.
If you have any questions or concerns about SGRC’s collection, use or disclosure of personal information, contact SGRC on (03) 9546 9511.